'learning is experience, everything else is just information.' -Albert Einstein.

Monday 21 November 2011

Well hello Perth!!

I landed in Perth early on a Sunday morning and although I was as jet-lagged as ever I went straight to the beach at Cottesloe where I am staying with my brother..Cottesloe is sort of the camps bay of Perth although a little more relaxed. At the beach there were about 25 lifeguards all running around making sure no one put a toe out of line but I guess it is understandable as there had been a shark attack at that exact beach about a month ago and the body was never found!!! Anyway after the beach we went into the city for an afternoon drink at a place called the Aviary; its a very trendy roof-top bar which has just opened up, a cool place with astroturf used for the carpet. A strange norm here in Aus is for the girls to dress up to the nines on a sunday afternoon with their hair done, make-up etc etc I was literally the only girl without heels on in the place and absolutely everyone has some sort of tattoo I felt very much out of the loop seeing that I didn't have a bleeding rose inked onto my forearm. We came upon one beaut of an individual who hadnt washed his mullet for substantial amount of time which thus lead to it so begin to naturally dreadlock-absolutely stunning! haha anyway after a bit of a culture shock we headed home for a good old South African sunday night braai.

No comments:

Post a Comment