'learning is experience, everything else is just information.' -Albert Einstein.

Monday 5 December 2011

-Rottnest Island-















On Saturday I had possibly my best day here in Perth, my brother and I took the ferry across to Rottnest Island which is just off the coast. It is a tiny island only 11km long and is covered in untouched secluded beaches...so beautiful! The water was turquoise, the sand was white and we managed to find a beach all to ourselves. We took a picnic with us so spent the whole day in the sun then took a walk on the way back to stop at the old lighthouse. we also got introduced to Quokkas - little marsupials that Rottnest is famous for, they are so sweet and friendly so I managed to get some good photos of them. To end off our lovely day we stopped at the pub for a drink before we headed home on the ferry. I am so sad that I wont have time to go back again before I leave... I guess that means I will have to visit perth again!

No comments:

Post a Comment